Definition of lifeguard in English:
An expert swimmer employed to rescue people who get into difficulty in a swimming pool or at the beach.
- ‘It is mandatory that each hotel and tourist spot employs lifeguards at their swimming pools,’ he added.
- Swimming pools must have lifeguards and sanitary requirements must be taken care of.
- He would also like to try to work as a lifeguard at a swimming pool, because he has never had this chance before and finds it an interesting challenge.
- lifeguarding noun
- Example sentences
- A generation ago on the Massachusetts coast, lifeguarding was the be-all, end-all summer job.
- To him, lifeguarding is the best job anyone could ever have even at $8.25 an hour.
- Lifesavers, The Royal Life Saving Society UK, is a national charity and the governing body for lifesaving and lifeguarding in the UK.
Definition of lifeguard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.