- A drug used to improve the quality of one’s life rather than for alleviating pain or curing disease.More example sentences
- A working definition for this paper might be that a lifestyle drug is one used for ‘non-health’ problems or for problems that lie at the margins of health and wellbeing.
- Employing TV ads that promise the virility of a professional athlete, those companies have redefined erectile-dysfunction pills into something approaching a lifestyle drug.
- Tens of thousands of kids, according to Customs figures, hook into Ecstasy as a routine lifestyle drug, but it remains a class B drug carrying heavy penalties.
This term has been variously applied to drugs used for cosmetic reasons (e.g., for hair replacement), drugs used to enhance one’s sex life (e.g., for erectile dysfunction), and drugs used to alleviate medical problems that are in some part attributable to lifestyle choices (e.g., for obesity). Some objections have been raised to the use of this term, as it may trivialize serious health problems
More definitions of lifestyle drugDefinition of lifestyle drug in:
- The British & World English dictionary