- An enzyme that brings about ligation of DNA or another substance.More example sentences
- These DNA-binding proteins include polymerases, helicases, nucleases, isomerases, ligases, histones, and others.
- After all, in nature we can and do observe bacteria using restriction endonucleases and ligases to cut DNA.
- This study shows that in a competition between the two enzymes, DNA ligase trumps the flap endonuclease in capturing bubbles and creating expanded tracts.
1960s: from Latin ligare 'to bind' + -ase.
More definitions of ligaseDefinition of ligase in:
- The British & World English dictionary