- 1The surgical procedure of closing off a blood vessel or other duct or tube in the body by means of a ligature or clip.More example sentences
- Failure to recognize such aberrant ductal anatomy may lead to potential ligation of ducts during surgery.
- Treatments vary from radiological ablation to surgical ligation of the varicocele, although most urologists reserve the radiological approach for the rare surgical failures.
- One hospital transfer is accounted to each of the following procedures: circumcision, cystoscopy, hemorrhoid ligation and vasectomy reversal.
- 2 Biochemistry The joining of two DNA strands or other molecules by a phosphate ester linkage.More example sentences
- A mechanism leading to tandem sequence duplication may involve DNA damage followed by DNA synthesis, strand displacement, and ligation.
- The ligation reactions were used as template DNA for one of the following methods.
- The cut DNAs were ligated at low concentrations, to encourage intramolecular ligation reactions.
late Middle English: from late Latin ligatio(n-), from the verb ligare (see ligate).
More definitions of ligationDefinition of ligation in:
- The British & World English dictionary