Definition of light flyweight in English:
1The lowest weight in amateur boxing, ranging up to 106 pounds (48 kg).
- The United States boxing team arrived in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday, July 15 and has settled into the athletes’ village for a short acclimation camp before opening competition on Friday, June 20 with first round bouts in the light flyweight, bantamweight, lightweight, welterweight, and light heavyweight divisions.
- He made sure he exacted vengeance in the rematch to take home the World Boxing Organization Asia-Pacific light flyweight belt this time.
- In the light flyweight division, it was a battle between last year's champions.
1.1A light flyweight boxer.
- On the down side, in this centennial year Panama won't get to see which of its two outstanding light flyweights is really better.
- However, on the undercard, two power punching light flyweights will battle for the IBF version of the crown.
- Duncanville's Luis Yanez, who recently won a gold medal at the Pan American Games, defeated Malcolm Franklin, 27-12, in a matchup of light flyweights (106 pounds)
Definition of light flyweight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan