Definition of light heavyweight in English:
1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between middleweight and heavyweight. In the amateur boxing scale it ranges from 165 to 178 pounds (75 to 81 kg).
- On April 22, 1903, Root defeated Charles ‘Kid’ McCoy to become the first light heavyweight champion, and the division has flourished ever since.
1.1A light heavyweight boxer or other competitor.
- It also served as a haven for out of shape light heavyweights that could not longer make weight.
- Walcott fought a number of other light heavyweights and heavyweights.
- He has quickly built a national reputation as one of the most feared young light heavyweights in boxing.
Definition of light heavyweight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan