Definition of light heavyweight in English:
1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between middleweight and heavyweight. In the amateur boxing scale it ranges from 165 to 178 pounds (75 to 81 kg).
- On April 22, 1903, Root defeated Charles ‘Kid’ McCoy to become the first light heavyweight champion, and the division has flourished ever since.
1.1A light heavyweight boxer or other competitor.
- It also served as a haven for out of shape light heavyweights that could not longer make weight.
- Walcott fought a number of other light heavyweights and heavyweights.
- He has quickly built a national reputation as one of the most feared young light heavyweights in boxing.
Definition of light heavyweight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.