- 1A weight in amateur boxing ranging from 132 to 140 pounds (60 to 63.5 kg).More example sentences
- He may well move up to light welterweight, a tough division already populated by many other Britons as well as by world players.
- The vastly experienced Bulgarian has come down from light welterweight where he has won a good number of tournament medals.
- Maloney obviously thinks Roberts is going to be able to do quite a bit since he is touting him as one of the possible belt chances of the night in the light welterweight.
- 1.1A light welterweight boxer.More example sentences
- I am going to target - and beat - the best light welterweights in the world.
- Another round closed and already people were scratching their head trying to figure out what it would take for Brodie to dent Chi, who looked near enough a light welterweight on the night.
- As his frame fills out he will find it increasingly hard to make the 10 stones required of a light welterweight.
More definitions of light welterweightDefinition of light welterweight in:
- The British & World English dictionary