Definition of lightfast in English:
(Of a dye or pigment) not prone to discolor when exposed to light.
- The Bisphenol A bischloroformate is then reacted with another chemical to produce a lightfast epoxy resin.
- I was wondering if anyone knows whether its nupastels are lightfast or not.
- Need the right expert in lightfast dye?
- Example sentences
- When you've painted all the colors you want to test for lightfastness, cut the sheet in half.
- If a pigment has good lightfastness, it does not always mean that it has good weatherfastness
- This pigment identification project and a lightfastness standard can only lead to the increased recognition of this fine art medium.
Words that rhyme with lightfaststeadfast • holdfast
Definition of lightfast in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan