Definition of ligustrum in English:
A plant of a genus that comprises the privets.
- Genus Ligustrum, family Oleaceae
- Here is another example of ligustrums growing heavily where a sapling is attempting to survive.
- One of the most common mistakes is planting immature ligustrums and other large shrubs too close together.
- The chain link was hidden by a nice thick row of ligustrums and green privacy material.
Mid 17th century: from Latin.
Definition of ligustrum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.