Definition of likelihood in English:
The state or fact of something’s being likely; probability: young people who can see no likelihood of finding employment [in singular]: situations where there is a likelihood of violence
More example sentences
- The likelihood is that the pelts of the rabid foxes have been sold to furriers.
- There is thus far less likelihood of stalemates or draws forming in the game.
- There is also no likelihood that anything said or done would have induced any other confession.
- in all likelihood
- Very probably.Example sentences
- The idea began to occur to me that maybe, in all likelihood, I wasn't all that different from them.
- It is likely to involve different local interests and, in all likelihood, various interests at the central level as well.
- It lifted them in a game that in all likelihood the probably shouldn't have been in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.