A widely cultivated European plant of the lily family, with broad leaves and arching stems of fragrant, bell-shaped white flowers.
- Convallaria majalis, family Liliaceae
More example sentences
- Lady Tamara carried a bouquet of garden roses in white and pale cream, white jasmine stephanotis and lily of the valley with myrtle leaves.
- A folktale tells the story of a lily of the valley, a fragrant spring flower.
- In shady parts of the garden, lily of the valley, woodruff, bluebells and variegated honesty are in flower.
Definition of lily of the valley in:
- The British & World English dictionary