Definition of lily of the valley in English:
A widely cultivated European plant of the lily family, with broad leaves and arching stems of fragrant, bell-shaped white flowers.
- Convallaria majalis, family Liliaceae
- Lady Tamara carried a bouquet of garden roses in white and pale cream, white jasmine stephanotis and lily of the valley with myrtle leaves.
- A folktale tells the story of a lily of the valley, a fragrant spring flower.
- In shady parts of the garden, lily of the valley, woodruff, bluebells and variegated honesty are in flower.
Definition of lily of the valley in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan