- A hard sedimentary rock, composed mainly of calcium carbonate or dolomite, used as building material and in the making of cement.More example sentences
- In Jamaica, extensive bauxite deposits are found overlying limestone and dolomite.
- Sporadic outcrops of ophiolite lithologies are surrounded by shale and limestone.
- The unit consists of limestone or calcareous mudstone and was deposited in a fully marine environment.
More definitions of limestoneDefinition of limestone in:
- The British & World English dictionary