Definition of limonene in English:
A colorless liquid hydrocarbon with a lemonlike scent, present in lemon oil, orange oil, and similar essential oils.
- A terpene; chemical formula: C10H16
- No doubt the electrode detector registered trace ions of limonene (found in orange peels), but none of the cocaine, heroin, PCP, TNT, nitrates, Semtex, or other ions that the screener was looking for.
- Industry currently uses limonene as a scent in household cleaners but might one day be used as the raw material for making the plastic bottle itself.
- Lemons, limes and oranges contain limonene, a substance that breaks down precursors to skin and breast cancers while stimulating the production of cancer-killing immune cells.
Definition of limonene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.