- The selective breeding of animals for a desired feature by mating them within a closely related line.More example sentences
- By recording dog genealogies and adopting practices such as line breeding, breeders started producing dogs so varied that they seemed quite different from their ancestors.
- The Scottish Terrier, once known as the Aberdeen Terrier, and generally known as the Scottie, has existed in various forms for many centuries, but it was not until after 1800 that line breeding began.
- Questions from reporters about the possibility of inbreeding - or line breeding, as it's known in the kennel trade - were met with the stereotypical Arnold sneer.
More definitions of line breedingDefinition of line breeding in:
- The British & World English dictionary