- 1The action of advancing paper in a printing machine by the space of one line.More example sentences
- Preview pane strips out all the carriage returns and line feeds, so everything becomes one huge paragraph.
- 1.1 Computing The analogous movement of text on a computer screen.More example sentences
- When Hewlett-Packard printers are not sent data in their native print language (such as PCL, HPGL or Postscript), they expect MS-DOS line endings consisting of an ASCII carriage return and line feed (newline).
- This commonly happens when the tty layer wants to convert a newline character to a linefeed plus a newline character.