noun (plural linemen)
- 1A person employed in laying and maintaining railroad track.More example sentences
- Contractor linemen forget to use personal protective equipment, such as insulated gloves, more often than utility linemen, he says.
- 2 Football A player normally positioned on the line of scrimmage.More example sentences
- But knowing Belichick's defensive bent, he could just as easily choose a lineman, linebacker, cornerback, or safety.
- These 300-pounders are trying to compete with the faster and stronger defensive linemen of today's National Football League.
- The team focused on defense, selecting two linebackers, two defensive linemen and two cornerbacks.
More definitions of linemanDefinition of lineman in:
- The British & World English dictionary