- 1A layer of different material covering the inside surface of something: a lining of fireproof insulation [as modifier]: lining paperMore example sentences
- Lipid surface linings have also a key role of preventing contact formation, thus sustaining the membrane integrity by virtue of repulsive interactions between hydrated headgroups.
- Those that arise from surface linings of organs are the commonest group and are called carcinomas.
- In recent articles, two terrific writers whose work has graced this paper have seen silver linings in the recall movement that just plain aren't there.
- 1.1An additional layer of different material attached to the inside of a garment or curtain to make it warmer or hang better: leather gloves with fur liningsMore example sentences
- The denims were cut so short that the pocket linings were hanging out in the open and gently wafting on the breeze.
- It is a specialist cotton and polycotton weaving firm which makes shirts, coat linings and raincoats for major fashion labels.
- Jackets in felt and printed denim have unfinished and reversed seams with bright red linings for men.