Definition of linker in English:
1A thing that links other things, in particular.
- Some visitors are linkers and they link what they visit.
- For multidomain proteins, addition of missing linkers between the domains is possible.
- The value of an incoming link is a factor of the linker's own popularity.
1.1 Computing A program used with a compiler or assembler to provide links to the libraries needed for an executable program.
- The cross-compiled compiler / linker and sample program executables on each of the different platforms are then compared.
- It seems that when a library is linked in, the dynamic linker starts searching all libraries for symbols, even for the libraries' internal ones.
- If source code is a software design, then actually building software is done by compilers and linkers.
Definition of linker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan