1An instance of two or more people or things connecting or joining.
- The former transport minister had no plans for an overground link-up of the Luas lines and did not envisage the Sandyford line being linked to the rest of the rail network until the airport metro link was complete.
- The whole question of airline link-ups will have to be rethought as well.
- There were also residential courses and link-ups with local rugby league clubs.
1.1A connection enabling two or more people or machines to communicate with each other: a live satellite linkup
More example sentences
- A satellite link-up enabled viewers to see Vaughan speak to the rest of the team, who are currently on tour in Pakistan.
- The world premiere of the film itself will take place on BBC Television and will include live link-ups around the country to special cinema screenings.
- They have the latest genetic sequencing equipment, million-dollar biosafety labs, and real-time satellite link-ups to compare notes.
Definition of linkup in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.