- 1A design or form carved in relief on a block of linoleum.More example sentences
- In part one of this article the basic printmaking techniques relief printing and intaglio printing were discussed and the relief techniques woodcut, wood engraving and linocut were introduced.
- He continued to create woodcuts, etchings and linocuts.
- This process involves etching, engraving, dry point, aquatint, mezzotint, linocut and wood block.
- 1.1A print made from a linocut.More example sentences
- His very first print, a linocut, made in the same year, Spiral Motif was one of the earliest of his abstract forms and recurred throughout his career.
- By the time he died in 1973 he had produced a substantial body of original etchings, lithographs and linocuts, which rank with the greatest prints of the 20th Century.
- He offers a series of large, velvet-like linocuts, printed with precision.
- More example sentences
- I did bung in some on cinema, art history and linocutting, but it was mostly as a sop to my conscience.
- I have painted in most media including screenprinting, linocutting and monoprinting during the past 40 years.
- This should be avoided if possible in colour linocutting as damped paper stretches and may create errors in the registration of the one colour block with another.
More definitions of linocutDefinition of linocut in:
- The British & World English dictionary