- A material consisting of a canvas backing thickly coated with a preparation of linseed oil and powdered cork, used especially as a floor covering.More example sentences
- These repair techniques can be used on vinyl tiles, vinyl sheet floor covering or linoleum.
- You may wish to wax your linoleum or vinyl floor after a thorough wash, but there's no point in doing it too often.
- The family bathroom has linoleum flooring, black wall tiles and a linen cupboard.
late 19th century: from Latin linum 'flax' + oleum 'oil'.
More definitions of linoleumDefinition of linoleum in:
- The British & World English dictionary