Definition of lipoma in English:
noun (plural lipomas or lipomata-mətə)Medicine
A benign tumor of fatty tissue.
- If a dog had a benign tumour like a lipoma that needed to be removed because it was causing discomfort, I'd likely go ahead with it on most dogs, unless they were extremely old for their breed and/or didn't tolerate surgery well.
- You should feel subcutaneous nodules to see if they are soft like lipomas, hard like fibromas and malignant tumors, or tender, as in superficial abscesses or hematomas.
- They are the third most common primary cardiac tumors after myxomas and lipomas, accounting for 7% of all primary cardiac tumors.
- Example sentences
- In at least 2 cases, the possibility of a malignant lipomatous tumor could not be excluded.
- Chondroid lipoma is a rare, benign variant of lipomatous tumor that can mimic soft tissue sarcomas.
- In one unique carcinoma, extensive lipomatous metaplasia was observed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan