- Tending to combine with or dissolve in lipids or fats.More example sentences
- Cholesterol, which is far more lipophilic than the hormones, associates tightly with the bilayer and does not cross it at all.
- If we turn now to the liposomal membrane, a gradient of solvent polarity is expected within the bilayer, increasing as one goes from deep within the lipophilic bilayer out toward the aqueous phase.
- Due to its lipophilic nature, vitamin E accumulates in cellular membranes, fat deposits and other circulating lipoproteins.
More definitions of lipophilicDefinition of lipophilic in:
- The British & World English dictionary