- A complex molecule containing both lipid and polysaccharide parts.More example sentences
- This ability, as well as the adhesion to mineral surfaces, has been reported to be mediated by the presence of lipopolysaccharides, the main constituent of the outer bacterial membrane.
- Even in the case of microbial antigens not found in vertebrates such as lipopolysaccharides, it should be noted that peptide epitopes can mimic bacterial carbohydrates and DNA.
- Other microbial products and components, such as peptides, enzymes, [beta] D-glucans, and lipopolysaccharides, may have significant biological effects.
More definitions of lipopolysaccharideDefinition of lipopolysaccharide in:
- The British & World English dictionary