Definition of liquescent in English:
Becoming or apt to become liquid.
- Some of what the leadership did can be attributed to bullheadedness, such as pressing on with the Passchendaele battle even when the whole battlefield had been reduced to liquescent mud.
- To either side, a liquescent nightmare of swirling hellish flame spun round them as the Widow settled ever deeper into the maelstrom.
- There were also ‘liquescent’ neumes - ornamental neumes that required special types of vocal delivery.
- 1liquescence noun
- Example sentences
- Up to now the research work has proved that phonetic conditions make the occurrence of musical liquescences possible.
- Appreciating liquescence is at the heart of self-directed learning.
- However, sometimes a client requires different or additional remedies, which I have to purchase, such as flower remedies or nutritional products, vitamins and probiotics, or liquescences.
Words that rhyme with liquescentacquiescent, adolescent, albescent, Besant, coalescent, confessant, convalescent, crescent, depressant, effervescent, erubescent, evanescent, excrescent, flavescent, fluorescent, immunosuppressant, incandescent, incessant, iridescent, juvenescent, lactescent, luminescent, nigrescent, obsolescent, opalescent, pearlescent, phosphorescent, pubescent, putrescent, quiescent, suppressant, turgescent, virescent, viridescent
Definition of liquescent in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.