noun• informal • humorous
- A drinking session at lunchtime sometimes taking the place of a meal.More example sentences
- If you think summer is the season to be tipsy - a time for liquid lunches and early evening pub-crawls - think again.
- Even more worrying is that a third of respondents claimed to enjoy a liquid lunch three times a week with 76 per cent feeling slightly drunk when returning to work.
- On the other hand, for all those who have to report for work and suffer from far too many liquid lunches, limp watercress sandwiches, and lightweight daydreams, consider celebrating ‘Men from Mars Day’.
More definitions of liquid lunchDefinition of liquid lunch in:
- The British & World English dictionary