Definition of liquidambar in English:
1A deciduous North American and Asian tree with maplelike leaves and bright autumn colors, yielding aromatic resinous balsam.
- Genus Liquidambar, family Hamamelidaceae: several species, including L. orientalis of Asia, which yields liquid storax, and the sweet gum of North America
- Saplings do look small when you buy them from the garden centre, but avenue trees such as liquidambars, Pinus radiata, Magnolia grandiflora and the like develop into enormous specimens with extensive root systems.
- But the judicious placement of plants - a strawberry tree in the planter and several liquidambars screening a corner - makes the space surprisingly private.
- In front of a small house in Clyde the leaves on a liquidambar are a bright orange.
Definition of liquidambar in:
- British & World English dictionary