Definition of listing in English:
1A list or catalog.
- Looking over the catalogues and listings of the period, it is amusing to see what was popular then as opposed to what is popular now.
- A sample listing of catalogs with medical supplies and equipment is provided on page 86.
- Your first step is to choose a cabinet style that you like, and then you can consult with the manufacturer's catalog for a complete listing of sizes.
1.2An entry in a list or register.
- According to the listing in the registration maintained in the eye hospital, patients in need of a cornea are informed and brought to the hospital.
- Also in Florida, the Register has its first-ever listing of not one but two co-champion key tree cacti, an endangered species.
- Just excuse me for a moment, I will ask the Registrar about the listing.
Words that rhyme with listingtwisting, unresisting
Definition of listing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan