- 1chiefly Archaeology & Geology Of the nature of or relating to stone.More example sentences
- The excavation of lithic quarry sites presents archaeologists with logistical and analytical problems that are often not encountered at other site types.
- Compositionally, the most abundant types of lithic fragment are polycrystalline quartz varieties.
- Small lithic fragments comprise quartzite, gneiss and ubiquitous andesite.
late 18th century: from Greek lithikos, from lithos 'stone'.
More definitions of lithicDefinition of lithic in:
- The British & World English dictionary