Definition of lithium in English:
1The chemical element of atomic number 3, a soft silver-white metal. It is the lightest of the alkali metals. (Symbol: Li)
- The group lithium - sodium - potassium has a valency of one, as does the group chlorine - bromine - iodine.
- Elemental nitrogen, however, is only capable of oxidizing a few metals such as lithium and magnesium.
- Personally, I would like to see neither battery used in the long run and we move to the lithium battery, because lithium is the lightest metal.
1.1Lithium carbonate or another lithium salt, used as a mood-stabilizing drug.
- These include amphetamines, antidepressant drugs, caffeine, corticosteroids and lithium.
- Moreover, despite the benefits of drugs such as lithium shown in a Cochrane review, pharmacological treatment for bipolar disorder is potentially toxic.
- The current treatment for bipolar disorder is mood stabilizers such as lithium and anticonvulsants.
Definition of lithium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.