- One member of a pair or group of animals born in the same litter: he will now eat straight from the saucer with the rest of his littermatesMore example sentences
- He and his littermates were born in a flowerbed, back behind a thick tangle of ferns and caladiums, just the kind of den to make a mama cat twitch her tail in satisfaction and settle down to go into labor.
- Animals were weaned at 25 days and housed with like-sex littermates until day 40 when they were individually housed prior to testing.
- If you are considering a pair of kittens, you should be sure to get littermates.
More definitions of littermateDefinition of littermate in:
- The British & World English dictionary