Definition of liverwort in English:
A small flowerless green plant with leaflike stems or lobed leaves, occurring in moist habitats. Liverworts lack true roots and reproduce by means of spores released from capsules.
- Class Hepaticae, division Bryophyta
- A profusion of mosses, liverworts, lichens and ferns cover the woodland floor and festoon tree trunks and branches.
- Land plants are composed of four monophyletic groups: vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, and hornworts.
- It will be no surprise if they are found also in much older lineages of land plants, such as in mosses, ferns, and liverworts.
Definition of liverwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan