Definition of loach in English:
A small elongated bottom-dwelling freshwater fish with several barbels near the mouth, found in Eurasia and northwestern Africa.
- Families Cobitidae and Homalopteridae (or Balitoridae): several genera and numerous species
- In order to bring to light the Indian varieties there are about 13 species of fish from the Western Ghats, which include half-beak fish, danio, loaches and rasboras.
- We have a freshwater fish tank community of tetras, catfish, gouramis and loaches.
- Clown loaches are schooling fish that should never be kept alone!
Middle English: from Old French loche, of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with loachapproach, broach, brooch, coach, encroach, poach, reproach, roach
Definition of loach in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.