Definition of load factor in English:
1The ratio of the average or actual amount of some quantity and the maximum possible or permissible.
- Of course the average train over that particular journey probably has a higher load factor than the average car travelling between that same pair of cities.
- This represents an average load factor of 70 per cent.
1.1The ratio between the lift and the weight of an aircraft.
- First, since vehicle loss does not pose an inherent risk to human life, design margins can be reduced below the traditional 150 percent design load factor traditionally used for manned aircraft.
- Your aircraft's wing interprets vertical gusts as a change in the angle of attack, thus significantly increasing the load factor.
- Using a side-stick controller, the pilot will fly a longitudinal load factor and a lateral roll rate.
Definition of load factor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan