Definition of loading in English:
1The application of a mechanical load or force to something.
- In this study we combined simultaneous mechanical loading and visualization of the microstructural components in the same arterial specimen.
- We tested the role of desmin in initiating such pathways via direct visualization of muscle nuclei before and during mechanical loading.
- Therefore, we selected 5000 cycles of loading to simulate such mechanical conditions.
2.1An increase in an insurance premium due to a factor increasing the risk involved.
- Insurance policy loading could have a major impact in Scotland, which has one of the worst obesity levels in Europe.
- Mr O'Sullivan believes that if the EU gives the go-ahead for the new scheme the entry premium loading could slip in unnoticed by many consumers by the end of June.
- He also gave assurances on funding and promised a proposal for the Government to pay the loading on haemophiliacs's insurance premiums would be looked at in September.
adjective[in combination] Back to top
(Of a gun, machine, or truck) loaded in a specified way: a front-loading dishwasher
More example sentences
- Front loading washing machines are often used where top surface access is limited.
- Based on these advantages and disadvantages, the front load washer is the clear winner and is generally the most preferred.
Definition of loading in:
- British & World English dictionary