Feel intense dislike or disgust for: she loathed him on sight
More example sentences
- An intensely private man, he loathes the press and hates media criticism.
- They learn to harness their powers and fight for the very world which hates and loathes them.
- Naturally, and by tradition, this means it's always been loathed and despised by the rest of Scotland.
hate, detest, abhor, execrate, have a strong aversion to, feel repugnance toward, not be able to bear/stand, be repelled by
antipathy, dislike, hostility, animosity, ill feeling, bad feeling, malice, animus, enmity, aversion;
- More example sentences
- It seemed absurd in many ways, yet I was trying my hardest to keep in step with the my fellow loathers and any slip off the edge of anti-Americanism would get me a tongue lashing from one person or another.
- It's so light and tasty, I've even convinced avid spinach loathers.
- If we look at racism then, despite all the self loathers, there is a good deal less racism nowadays than when I was a teenager.