- The normal discharge from the uterus after childbirth.More example sentences
- You will have lochia, or post-partum bleeding for up to a few weeks.
- The flow of lochia is heavy following birth, and then becomes gradually lighter, lasting up to 6 weeks.
- Typically, lochia is not the result of any health complication and will end on its own when your body is ready.
late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek lokhia, neuter plural (used as a noun) of lokhios 'of childbirth'.
More definitions of lochiaDefinition of lochia in:
- The British & World English dictionary