- 1A widely distributed plant of the pea family that, if eaten by livestock, can cause a brain disorder, the symptoms of which include unpredictable behavior and loss of coordination.
More example sentences
- Genus Astragalus (and Oxytropis), family Leguminosae
- Rocky summit species include the rather rare Huddleson's locoweed, a three-to-four-inch-tall, hairy white plant that produces pink-to-purple flowers and oversize seed pods.
- Ralphs et al. suggested no difference in locoweed consumption between native cattle and cattle introduced to locoweed under natural grazing conditions.
- For instance, cattle could be averted to locoweed or known eaters could be removed and placed in locoweed-free areas to prevent social facilitation.
More definitions of locoweedDefinition of locoweed in:
- The British & World English dictionary