Definition of locoweed in English:
1A widely distributed plant of the pea family that, if eaten by livestock, can cause a brain disorder, the symptoms of which include unpredictable behavior and loss of coordination.
- Genus Astragalus (and Oxytropis), family Leguminosae
- Rocky summit species include the rather rare Huddleson's locoweed, a three-to-four-inch-tall, hairy white plant that produces pink-to-purple flowers and oversize seed pods.
- Ralphs et al. suggested no difference in locoweed consumption between native cattle and cattle introduced to locoweed under natural grazing conditions.
- For instance, cattle could be averted to locoweed or known eaters could be removed and placed in locoweed-free areas to prevent social facilitation.
Definition of locoweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan