Definition of locule in English:
Each of a number of small separate cavities, especially in an ovary.
- Other morphological characters, such as the low number of stamens or ovary locules, and the sometimes rather unspecialized nectarial bracts, could also point towards a close relationship between these two genera.
- The number of orbicules present on the locule surface is well in excess of the number of pollen grains within the locule.
- Parenchyma cells of the pith were packed more closely, especially near to structures such as the locules and vascular bundles.
- Example sentences
- When they reach maturity, they are released from the bundle and reach the locular lumen and the efferent ductule.
- Those to each sepal typically retain their identity as they slope beneath the locular area.
- Each septum is composed of the locular membranes of adjacent fruit segments with intervening spongy mesocarp-like parenchyma.
Definition of locule in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.