- Ordinary handwriting (as opposed to shorthand, typing, or printing): he wrote out the reply in longhand [as modifier]: a longhand draftMore example sentences
- The writing on the paper was in longhand and shorthand.
- Visa issues and money woes have prevented his family from visiting the United States, so he spends most of his time writing letters home in longhand.
- He looks down at his notes, freshly scribbled in his longhand, and lets himself digest the contents for a minute or so.
More definitions of longhandDefinition of longhand in:
- The British & World English dictionary