Definition of longsighted in English:
British term for farsighted.
- If you are diagnosed as long-sighted, it is likely that your optician will prescribe glasses or contact lenses to correct your vision.
- Left untreated, young children who are long-sighted may eventually lose vision in one eye.
- They also check that a child can follow movement in the normal field of vision (looking up, down, and side to side), and is not short-sighted or long-sighted.
- Example sentences
- Chennai joins select cities in the country to launch a new laser-driven vision correction procedure for short-sightedness, long-sightedness and astigmatism.
- He suffers from long-sightedness and now needs to wear glasses when reading some government papers.
- If you perform a lot of close work and find you are getting eye-strain or headaches, this may indicate an excessive effort to focus the eyes, which could be due to long-sightedness.
Definition of longsighted in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia