(also looney tunes) North American informal
Crazy; deranged: this loony tunes conspiracy theory the whole deal was loony tunes
More example sentences
- I don't know about you all, but it sounds a little bit looney tunes to me.
- If you think you live in a democracy, or that the government gives a damn what you think, you really are looney tunes.
- I just think they're looney tunes and out of control down south, so don't bother.
Crazy or deranged people.
- The first question is why parents should be happy to entrust their children to the bunch of looney tunes who run our schools.
- But looking at the rest of his features, you would never know that he is a looney tunes.
- Everyone said, "You guys are a bunch of looney tunes." Now, they're saying, "You're a bunch of geniuses ."
1980s: from Looney Tunes, the name of an animated cartoon series that began in the 1930s, featuring Bugs Bunny and other characters.
Definition of loony tunes in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.