- 1 another term for inchworm.More example sentences
- For the most part tachinid flies prey on caterpillars, including cutworms, gypsy moths, tent caterpillars (whose sticky web tents do not protect them completely from these flies), and the ever present cabbage looper.
- The company is now field testing its use in reducing looper reproduction as well as evaluating a commercial version of the killing station.
- The cabbage looper larvae are a light green color with light stripes running down their backs.
- 2 Baseball A fly ball that becomes a hit by dropping out of the reach of the infielders.More example sentences
- A fast-racing outfielder appears to catch a looper hit into center field by the home team's slugger, but the umpire rules that the speedster trapped the ball after it hit the grass.
- And that's a looper hit into right field for a base hit!
More definitions of looperDefinition of looper in:
- The British & World English dictionary