- A horseshoe-shaped structure bearing ciliated tentacles around the mouth in certain small marine invertebrates.More example sentences
- The brachidium is a structure which supports the lophophore, the feeding organ of brachiopods.
- The lophophore, a ciliated, tentacular organ for feeding, of varying three-dimensional morphology, is suspended between the mantles.
- The mouth is surrounded by the ciliated feeding structure known as a lophophore.
More definitions of lophophoreDefinition of lophophore in:
- The British & World English dictionary