noun (plural lorises)
A small, slow-moving nocturnal primate with a short or absent tail, living in dense vegetation in southern Asia.
- Genera Loris and Nycticebus, family Lorisidae, suborder Prosimii: the slender loris (L. tardigradus) of southern India and Sri Lanka, and the slow loris (genus Nycticebus, two species) of Southeast Asia
More example sentences
- Only in recent decades have prosimians - a suborder of primates that includes lemurs, lorises, bushbabies, and tarsiers - begun to be studied systematically.
- Primate species are gibbons, langurs, lorises and macaques.
- However, some primates such as apes, spider monkeys, and lorises have morphological and behavioral specializations that may enhance efficiency during vertical climbing.
Definition of loris in:
- The British & World English dictionary