- A partially parasitic herbaceous plant of the figwort family, typically favoring damp habitats. It is native to both Eurasia and North America and was formerly reputed to harbor lice.
More example sentences
- Genus Pedicularis, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, including wood betony (P. canadensis) and swamp lousewort (P. lanceolata)
- Among the common wildflowers are one-flowered cinquefoil, woolly lousewort, alpine willowherb, three saxifrages, and an Indian paintbrush.
- The lousewort grows mostly on north-facing riverbanks because the vegetation is less dense there.
- Leafy lousewort may be found in open coniferous woods or in openings in the forest at timberline.
More definitions of lousewortDefinition of lousewort in:
- The British & World English dictionary