Definition of love-in-a-mist in English:
A Mediterranean plant of the buttercup family that bears blue flowers surrounded by delicate threadlike green bracts, giving a hazy appearance to the flowers.
- Nigella damascena, family Ranunculaceae
- Other quick-growing plants worth looking out for include love-in-a-mist (Nigella); pot marigold (Calendula); Iceland poppies and nasturtium (Tropaeolum).
- Try poppies, cornflowers, stocks, love-in-a-mist, cosmos, mignonette, larkspur, honesty, ox-eye daisies, marigolds, phlox, sunflowers, zinnias - whatever takes your fancy.
- Its ruffled, lavender-pink flowers look like they belong in a grandmother's garden with feverfew and love-in-a-mist.
Definition of love-in-a-mist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan