- another term for heartsease.More example sentences
- Large-flowered modern varieties are the result of hybridising the wild pansy, viola tricolor, also known as love-in-idleness, kiss-me-quick and heartsease.
- Oberon resolves to defeat her by applying the magic juice of a flower, love-in-idleness, to her eyes as she sleeps, which will make her fall in love with the next creature she sees: he sends Robin to fetch it.
- Hatching a plan to win the Indian boy, Oberon sends Puck in search of a flower called love-in-idleness.
More definitions of love-in-idlenessDefinition of love-in-idleness in:
- The British & World English dictionary