Definition of love interest in English:
1A theme or subsidiary plot in a story or film in which the main element is the affection of lovers.
- And while the St George story was lacking in any love interest, the theme of life and rebirth is a common one at the festive season.
- This is unfortunate, given they're the film's main love interest.
- There is none of our modern screenwriting need to provide story arcs, lenient human touches and love interest.
1.1An actor whose role is chiefly concerned with this.
- The role of the female love interest in Arthur was similar in style.
- As the central love interest, he isn't charming, just irritating.
- The character of Nikki, the love interest in the novel, is particularly strong, and is again based on old colleagues.
Definition of love interest in:
- British & World English dictionary