- 1A person having a sexual or romantic relationship with someone, often outside marriage.More example sentences
- The two of them quickly pair off and start swapping sexual secrets and tales of past lovers.
- It is not at all clear what motivated her in her relations with her lovers.
- She is my lover, my mistress, and she has betrayed me in the worst possible way.
- 1.1A person who likes or enjoys something specified: he was a great lover of cats music loversMore example sentences
- He was a great lover of music, animals, and country life and enjoyed tennis and golf.
- From the start the festival has proved a popular draw with jazz lovers by offering good music, mostly for free.
- I think the easiest way to sum it up would be, I'm a lover of acoustic music, I always have been.
- More example sentences
- His affection is, however, gained by one of the dogs in the kennels: Katy, an abandoned bulldog with whom he senses an obscure empathy (related, no doubt, to his feeling of affinity with the widowed and loverless Teresa).
- True, the therapist who advised one loverless friend of mine to buy a new ‘feminine’ wardrobe and a makeup kit did find herself quickly minus one patient.
- ‘A Love Story’ is for the loveless, loverless, lovelorn and the love-struck.